How Do We Measure Data Quality?
DATAgility measures data quality effectiveness through Data Scorecarding – a process of taking the data shared between trading partners and evaluating it. Data Scorecarding measures both quantitative and qualitative data quality against Industry standards.
Data Scorecarding gives your company the tools to make necessary changes that directly impact the data. It gives you a starting point as you make your way to improving data quality and then allows you to verify the progress with further validations.
The mismanagement of quality data is a significant issue that erodes profit margins, diminishes customer confidence, and causes lost sales every day, especially with web selling.
Do You need Data Scorecarding?
If you can answer “Yes” to any of the questions, you probably need Data Scorecarding.
- Are you uncertain that you are sending / receiving all the data you need to competitively sell products?
- Do you have staff or entire departments who spend their day addressing data quality issues – (correcting purchase orders, adjusting invoices, reconciling deductions, etc.)?
- Does your company put off data quality initiatives because they’re difficult to pinpoint and prioritize?
- Is it a challenge to communicate the ROI of quality data internally and with your business partners?
What Does Our Scorecard Measure?
DATAgility uses seven key characteristics to define high quality data that is effective over all e-commerce platforms.
- Accurate – Data is a perfect reflection of the facts about the product in terms of engineering, packaging, pricing and marketing content.
- Complete – All the business partner-requested data is present in the supplier file.
- Consistent – Data has uniformity of data fields, such as part numbering, product descriptions, GTIN or UPC assignment, units of measure and branding.
- Standardized – Product data conforms to specific industries as well as specific targeted distributor requirements.
- Synchronized – All changes to the supplier’s data are updated frequently and routinely in all other systems, internal and external.
- Easy to Use – Data can readily apply to all of the business partners’ required systems without significant alteration, effort or delay.
- Timely – Every product data file in all systems are up-to-date.